The RBA’s new Patron, Mr Wei Shao with Nick Tidnam President of the RBA:
With thanks to Betty Lutyens-Humfrey, with whom Mick Davies VPRBA has been negotiating for the past year, the RBA Council were introduced to Mr Shao , who was born in Shandong Province, China. He studied Philosophy at Beijing University and Music Theory at the Central Academy of Music. In the mid 1990s he moved to England. He is a collector and promoter of Chinese and Western Art and is also passionate about music.
Some of Mr Shao’s business interests are:
- Senior Vice Chairman of the UK Chinese Business Association
- Chairman of the UK Shandong Association
- Chairman of UK Chinese Collectors’ Association
- Founder and Chairman of the ‘Ba Shu’ restaurant group in London
- Founder and CEO of ‘Song Ya Tang’ Antiques
Mr Shao said that he would love to be involved with the Society as he is setting up an art foundation in London and China.
Mr Shoa recently organised an exhibition for famous Chinese Artist Feng Sixiao at the British Museum in London and this show was opened by Nick Tidnam, PRBA.