The Royal Society of British Artists seeks submissions of work displaying the highest standards of skill, expression and concept of draughtsmanship
The RBA invites painters, sculptors and printmakers to submit their work for consideration to be shown in the Society’s 303rd Annual Exhibition 2020
The President and Executive Committee of the Royal Society of British Artists invite painters, sculptors and printmakers to submit their work for consideration to be shown in the Society’s 303rd Annual Exhibition 2020. As well as skill and draughtsmanship, they will be looking for originality and creativity.
The exhibition offers prizes and awards, worth over £5,000 in total (see ‘Prizes & Awards’ below).
How to Submit:
ALL work must be submitted online. Pre-selection from online entries will take place, after which pre-selected entries should be delivered to Mall Galleries, London, for final selection:
Upload images of work at mallgalleries.oess1.uk between Monday 30 September and Friday 29 November 2019, 12 noon [Note: Images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB]
Check mallgalleries.oess1.uk on Friday 6 December, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been pre-selected
If pre-selected, deliver your work on Saturday 11 January 2020, 10am to 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD
Check this page (mallgalleries.org.uk) on Tuesday 14 January, from 12 noon, to see if your work has been accepted to the exhibition
If unaccepted, collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Thursday 16 January, 10am to 5pm
Submissions open: Monday 30 September 2019, 12 noon
Submissions close: Friday 29 November, 12 noon
Pre-selection notification: Friday 6 December, 12 noon
Receiving Day (if pre-selected only): Saturday 11 January 2020, 10am to 5pm
Acceptance notification: Tuesday 14 January, 12 noon
Collection of unaccepted work: Thursday 16 January, 10am to 5pm*
Exhibition open: Thursday 20 February, 10am to 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 29 February, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Thursday 5 March, 10am to 5pm*
*Due to a shortage of storage space at the gallery, any work uncollected by 5pm will be removed and stored at a separate location for which artists will be charged a storage fee.
• Any artist over 18 may submit.
• Acceptable media: Any medium including sculpture and original prints.
• Submission fee: £18 per work (or £12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes Free Admission to the exhibition (normally £4).
• Maximum of six works submitted.
• Maximum of four works selected.
• Work must not have been exhibited previously.
• Works should not be larger than 2.4m along the longest dimension.
• All work must be for sale. The price of works must include commission of 45%+VAT (please note that where foundry fees apply, foundry costs will be deducted before commission is calculated).
• Minimum price: £300 (framed prints: £180, unframed prints: £120 – buyers will not be charged for postage and packaging of unframed prints, so please ensure the price of unframed prints allows for this).
Delivery & Collection:
• Works should be delivered without any protective packaging as this cannot be retained.
• The gallery will not be responsible for wrapping works or providing wrapping materials for any works being returned.
• Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery.
• Please note that selectors’ decisions are final and we are unable to offer feedback.
• Artists from outside the UK may need to register for VAT, please check with HM Revenue and Customs: https://www.gov.uk
• Artists sending work from abroad should use a picture carrier. Many artists use Picture Post Art as they offer a packing and delivery service for our exhibitions (we do not accept any liability for their services). Picture Post Art – Tel: 0044 (0)1302 711011 / Mobile: 07833 450788 / Email: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
• For full terms and conditions, click www.mallgalleries.org.uk
Artists over 18, from the UK and beyond, are invited to submit works for exhibition alongside members of the Royal Society of British Artists at their Annual Exhibition 2020.
The Society welcomes works in any medium including painting, sculpture and original prints.
There are a number of prizes and awards available to win, worth over £5,000 in total, including The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of Michael Harding art materials to the value of £500.
|Enter your work now|
Prizes & Awards (subject to final confirmation)
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
The de Laszlo Foundation Prize: The de Laszlo Medal for Excellence and £1,500 will be awarded for the best artwork from life by an artist aged 35 or under
The Winsor & Newton Painting Award: Art materials to the value of £500
The Peter Kelly Commemorative Award: £300
The Ronald Morgan Memorial Award: £250
The Patron’s Prize: £500
The Surgeon’s Prize: £500
The Michael Harding Awards: Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials
The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize: £250 for draughtsmanship, variety & exploration
Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award: A prize of artist paper, worth £250
The Stuart Southall Print Prize: £250
Frinton Frames Award: £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke hand-finished picture frame makers
The Nathan David Award for Sculpture: £150
Acceptable media Any medium including painting, sculpture and original prints
£18 per work at the time of submitting (£12 per work for artists aged 35 or under).
Find out more:
Image: Henry Jabbour Gaze Not into my Eyes (detail) Winner of The Davison Award for Oil Painting 2019