Election to Membership of The Royal Society of British Artists
The following criteria apply
- It is essential that you have had several pieces of work accepted and shown at 3-4 of our annual exhibitions so members are aware of the quality of your work.
- Should the Membership Committee so decide, you will be contacted by the Membership Secretary, and you will be put forward as a candidate. (5 attempts may be made to obtain membership)
- You are encouraged to strengthen your application with a portfolio of supporting works and sketchbooks.
- Election is by a majority 'blind' vote of all members present at the AGM which takes place at the close of the annual exhibition.
- Members vote for candidates to membership if they feel confident of the type and quality of work likely to be shown in the future. (You should show both vision and individuality in your work)
- Once a member you are entitled to show 6 works (or 3 sculptures) at the annual exhibition subject to the veto of the Selection or Hanging Committee.
- Members must pay an annual subscription.
- It is expected that you as a member will play a positive part in the maintenance and development of the society.
If you meet the above criteria applications can be made to...
A copy of the above criteria can be downloaded here
RBA Membership Secretary
17 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5BD